Desert Door Conservation Series #1: Back Burn
Wild places define who we are as Texans. Regeneration is at the core of these places and at the heart of Desert Door's culture. Back Burn is the first in a conservation series in partnership with land stewards and focuses on a time-tested process that embodies the Texas land - prescribed fire.
Up-front notes of mint and eucalyptus with an undertone of wet earth. Bright herbal and grassy notes of sage and pine dominate while honey and a sweet smokiness leave you wanting another smell. On the palate sweet orange blossom, pine, and sage appear first. Sweet citrus notes give way to burnt orange and black pepper with a wet stone minerality mingling with the sweet and spicy notes. On the finish blue cheese and honey leave you thinking you just ate dessert. An experience to revisit as you are left warmed yet intrigued by the senses awakened from the charred plants.
Charred by fire, this sotol speaks to the terroir of the far West. Desert Door and 7 Oaks Ranch restored a large expanse of West Texas land to its natural state through a controlled burn. Making use of what was left behind after the embers dimmed, Desert Door harvested the sotol plants that had overtaken much of the land and distilled them into a powerful spirit that embodies the conservation effort. Taste the resurrection.
Each bottle purchase helps keep wild places wild by funding future conservation efforts.
*PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING*
- The estimated shipping time for alcohol orders is 3-15 business days depending on how close you are to the San Diego, CA area. Orders will be fulfilled and shipped within 2-5 business days after the order is placed, unless one of the conditions below applies.
- Unfortunately, we cannot deliver to any PO Box addresses or the states of Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming. You will not be able to complete your purchase if you are in one of those states. If you complete an alcohol purchase with a PO Box address, you will be contacted to give us a different address to ship to.
- Someone 21 years of age or older MUST be available to sign for any alcohol orders. Packages containing alcohol will not be left on doorsteps and delivery will be attempted 3 times total. We strongly recommend ordering to your place of work if you are typically not home throughout the day.
- WE CAN NOT Ship to a FedEx or Walgreens as they will not accpet packages from other local carriers.
- We DO NOT offer refunds if your alcohol order is returned to us. We feel that 3 attempted deliveries is ample opportunity to take delivery. We are charged an additional $20 for all returned packages that are not delivered after 3 attempts and another $20 if we want to attempt delivery again, so we can not offer refunds on account of this unless you are willing to pay the extra $40 worth of charges. We will of course offer refunds or replacements for any products that are damaged or below satisfaction.